Summer Strawberry Trifle with Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
For the pound cake:
If you can't make your own, store bought is fineee (said in our best Hampton's voice)
3 sticks of room temperature butter (Room temp is nearly melted here in Bama)
3 cups of sugar
1 block of cream cheese, softened
6 eggs (sit those out about 2 hours before, and yes honey that is fine!)
3 cups Cake Flour
1 TB Vanilla Butter Nut Flavoring (Find this at your local grocery store that isn't a chain, you know the one that is cost + 10%, where your grandmother shops)
1. Cream the butter & sugar in a stand mixer at medium speed until light, about 3 minutes, then add the cream cheese, and mix for another 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time until well incorporated.
3. Add the cake flour and flavoring, and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased bundt pan, and place in a cold oven and set on 310 degrees Fahrenheit (oven temp may vary) for 1 hour. At an hour, reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue to bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted near the center of the cake. *this is usually around 20 minutes for me.
4. Place the bundt pan on a cooling rack and let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then transfer the cake to the rack and let it cool completely.
To Assemble the trifle:
1. Slice a ridiculous amount of strawberries (the more, the better) and place in a bowl and top with 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir to combine and set aside.
2. In a trifle dish, layer half of the pound cake(broken into large pieces), followed 1/2 of the strawberries(including the juice at the bottom of the bowl), followed by 1 container of your favorite whipped topping (enough to cover the strawberries completely). Repeat this step and top the last layer of whipped topping with a strawberry for looks.
Now invite some friends over and hear them brag about what a great cook you are!
-The Oaks Team